The purpose of your resume is to showcase your skills, qualifications, experience, and achievements that are relevant to the position you are targeting.
Think of your resume as a marketing tool to advertise why you are the perfect fit for a position, instead of an autobiography that merely narrates your entire work history. Your resume only has an average of up 6 seconds to spark the interest of Hiring Managers or Recruiters, so your messaging needs to be compelling, concise, and relevant.
A perfectly-crafted resume is accomplishment-driven, keyword optimised, grammatically flawless, pleasing to the eye, scannable for Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS), and the list could go on and on. Instead, we thought it would be more useful to simply provide you with our first-ever, downloadable DIY resume template (illustration shown below).
Click below to download our editable, ATS Friendly, DIY Australian resume template in MS Word format.
About this resume layout:
- Versatile yet simple format works for anyone looking for a job in Australia, regardless of the industry or role
- Simple line dividing content and creates an elegant modern aesthetic
- Captures 70% of your key information on the front page, so hiring managers and recruiters will immediately see your relevant skills, qualifications and accomplishments without scrolling to the next page
- Minimal colour (grey) has been used in blocks, for shading only, so it won’t cause issues with any ATS
- Please note: This product is a DIY resume template and we don’t offer support in terms of formatting your resume or creating your content. For a full service, check our Pricing and Services.
Once you’ve filled out the content of your DIY resume template, make sure that it’s well optimised to impress by:
– Avoiding the biggest resume mistakes in 2018
– Applying these quick tips to ensure your resume makes an impact
Once you’ve crafted your winning resume, you may send it to us to receive a free, confidential, and objective assessment.